Sunday, May 30, 2010

Growing Up With the Bakkers

Often, when asked about my childhood, I tell people I grew up with the Bakkers.

You know, Jim and TammyFaye?

And, often, people look at me with that Oh My expression and a nod because then they understand mine was a different childhood.

See, I grew up with a mother enveloped in the word of faith movement. Only I didn't know there was a name for our religion then. I just always thought of our faith as true Christianity and, as taught, didn't really believe that anybody in any other church truly knew the Lord.

I grew up with a Super Apostle and, as a result, my story is one of a falling away from the church, rebellion and, ultimately, redemption.

My blog posts over the coming days may seem random. Yes, they may jump from topic to topic. Nevertheless, these posts will be from the heart.

The one thought with which I'd like to leave you is pray for truth.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the new blog. Im sure the Lord will help many through it!. I am looking forward to reading about your journey and will link it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete